Thursday May 10th, 2018
Wanting to get more out your summer?
Concordia is offering an inspirational co-hosted youth exchange between Concordia and PeaceWorks Sweden. This means a great opportunity for anyone looking for something different to do this summer – free of charge.
To register your interest, either as a participant or leader, please contact Victor here.
Place and timing
The youth exchange will consist of three different phases;
Phase 1 – Stockholm, Sweden 5th August to 11th August 2018
Phase 2 – organised by the groups in their home countries.
Phase 3 – Brighton, UK October 8th October to 14th October 2o18
The youth exchange will gather 8 teenagers age 16 to 18 and 2 leaders (20+) whose role is to go with the group to Sweden and support the group during the different phases.
What is the training about?
The youth exchange aims to train young people in Sweden and UK in social entrepreneurship, with key elements in planning and implementing a social project, presentation skills and led evaluation to further empower and encourage the youth post-event. The training is also arranged in order to foster intercultural understanding between the two countries, in order to empower the youth to carry on their local change.
Who can participate?
Young people (age 16-18) interested in the topic. Especially welcome to the projects will be social mixed young people coming from disadvantaged areas, both suburban as well as rural.
Aim and objectives
The youth exchange aims to empower young people in Sweden and England to start and lead their own social project, but also foster intercultural dialogue between the youth groups through visits and encounters.
- To understand the processes of setting up a project
- To plan and implement a project; define, target, evaluate, cooperation
- To learn by doing; marketing, promotion, budgeting
- To promote exchanges of differences and experiences from the country of origin.
- To empower the participants in order to engage and contribute to their local community
- To validate and recognise the learned competencies gained throughout the project.
The whole project will be based on non-formal education, following the non-formal education main pillars;
- Flexibility, being learner-centred, contextualised and based on the promotion of participatory approaches;
- Horizontal cooperation, where facilitators and experts create a shared learning path with participants and trainees, encouraging the exchange of knowledge;
- Personal empowerment through self-esteem raising, development of the self-confidence, competencies and skills development.
This methodology will also permit to deal with the thematic in plenary with due regard to personal approaches and situations.
Ready to go?
To register your interest please contact Victor here.