Wednesday December 21st, 2016
As 2017 arrives, we’re already looking for motivated volunteers to co-ordinate an international volunteer group on our UK projects in the summer. If you’re up for a challenge, enthusiastic about volunteering, want to learn new skills, meet new people and boost your CV, then why not become a Concordia Co-ordinator? We are now recruiting for our Co-ordinator training weekend taking place on the 11th-12th March 2017. This will prepare you for becoming a project leader of an international volunteer group in the UK during our summer programme.
How do I apply?
To request an application pack please email us on: email@example.com
All you need is one to two weeks to spare over the summer, some previous volunteer experience, motivation to work with people from around the world, lots of energy, a willingness to learn and get involved and to come to our two day preparation training in Sussex. Easy!
About the training weekend:
- A 2 day (from Saturday 11th March 10am to Sunday 12th March 5pm) residential training on preparing to be a group leader for Concordia UK.
- The training will cover skills from conflict management and intercultural learning to group cooking and team bonding!
- Once you have completed the training you can go on to co-ordinate an international group on a community project in the UK.
- Projects range from environmental work to helping to prepare festival sites to working with children. We’ll discuss the most suitable role for you at the training weekend.
Why should I get involved?
- Do something different
- Meet new people from all over the world without leaving the UK (cut back on your carbon emissions!)
- Learn new skills
- Participate in meaningful community projects
- Looks great on your CV
- Become an active volunteer for Concordia and access other future trainings and volunteer/work opportunities
How much does it cost?
We ask for a small contribution of £40 to help us cover the accommodation and food costs of the training weekend. Once you have completed the training weekend we will cover the costs of your project in the UK including your travel to/from the project.
How do I get involved?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application form. If your application is successful we’ll then get back to you with confirmation of your place and more information.
Deadline for applications: 24th Febraury 2017 (please apply as soon as possible to confirm your space).