- Population: 67.1 million
- Capital: Bangkok
- Major languages: Thai
- Major religions: Buddhism
- Monetary unit: Thai Baht
- More on Thailand from BBC website
- More on Thailand from the Lonely Planet
- Visa: British passport holders are given a 30 day visa automatically on arrival. If you want to stay for a longer period you will need a visa please visit www.fco.gov.uk for more information.
- Arrival info: date of arrival is the start date scheduled for the project. Most of our projects are two weeks long, start on Saturday (arrival day) and ends on Sunday (departure day)
- Other: Since the beginning of 2004, there have been a number of attacks in southern Thailand, especially in the provinces of Pattani, Yala, Narathiwat and Songkhla. The FCO is still advising against travel to these four provinces. Please visit www.fco.gov.uk for more information.
TYPES OF PROGRAMMES
PHOTOS, NEWSLETTER, VIDEOS AND BLOGS
- Volunteer Spirit Association (VSA) is a non-profit/non-government/Peace organization, that collaborates on international voluntary projects for people of all ages, cultures, religious and economic backgrounds. Their work is based on the belief that to learning, sharing and understanding reduce any conflicts to the last goal that is PEACE.