- Population: 49 million
- Capital: Dodoma
- Major languages: English, Swahili
- Major religions: Christianity, Islam
- Monetary unit: Tanzanian shilling
- Find more useful information about Tanzania here
- More hints & tips
- Visa: All British passport holders need a tourist/business visa to enter Tanzania. You should obtain one prior to travelling from your nearest Tanzanian Diplomatic Mission. It is possible to obtain a tourist/business visa for a single entry at the main ports of entry to Tanzania but this is subject to the fulfilment of all immigration requirements. Please visit www.fco.gov.uk for more information.
- Arrival info: date of arrival is the start date scheduled for the project.
TYPES OF PROGRAMMES
PHOTOS, NEWSLETTER VIDEOS AND BLOGS
- Uvikiuta is a youth organisation formed in 1994. Around 30 members live and work together in a small self-sufficient community outside Dar es Salaam. It is a well-established organisation with experienced staff and volunteers. Volunteers work on a range of projects including education, administrative tasks, building/construction, and environmental work.