- Population: 143 million
- Capital: Moscow
- Major languages: Russian
- Major religions: Christianity, Islam
- Monetary unit: Ruble
- More useful information about Russia can be found here
- Visa: Visas are required to enter Russia. During periods of high demand, you should apply for your visa well in advance. If you live in England, Wales or Northern Ireland you should apply to the Russian Federation’s visa processing centre VF Services, 202 Kensington Church Street, London, W8 4DP. Tel: 020 7985 1234; website: http://www.rusemb.org.uk. You should apply to the Russian visa application centre for Edinburgh, Manchester and London: http://ru.vfsglobal.co.uk/ Please visit www.fco.gov.uk for more information.
- Arrival info: date of arrival is the start date scheduled for the project.
TYPES OF PROGRAMMES
PHOTOS, NEWSLETTER, VIDEOS & BLOGS
- Read our Newsletters with more experiences and articles
- Read our Blog with reports on projects worldwide
- Discover photo’s from international projects all over the world
- World4U is a non-profit NGO founded in 1998. The organization is initiating, organizing and running national and international events (e.g. short, mid- and long-term voluntary projects and activities; seminars; conferences; info-meetings)The organisation is one of the oldest and the biggest voluntary centers in Russia which manage international voluntary exchange. World4u represents about 2500 creative and bright individuals who are united by the idea of volunteering and cross cultural understanding.
- SFERA is an international youth movement supporting voluntary activities. SFERA is a non-governmental organization that helps to organize international volunteering projects in Russian Federation and send Russian volunteers to other countries.