- Population: 30,38 million
- Capital: Lima
- Major languages: Spanish, Quechua, Aymara
- Major religions: Christianity
- Monetary unit: Nuevo Sol
- More useful information about Peru can be found here
- More hints and tips
- Visa: not required. Upon arrival visitors are normally given permission to stay for up to a maximum of 90 days. Extensions for a further 60 days can be obtained. Overstaying without the proper authority is a serious matter and fines are imposed. It is therefore recommended that you double check the period of time you have been granted, as you will be refused permission to leave and can be held in detention until the fine for overstay is paid. Please visit www.fco.gov.uk for more information.
- Arrival info: date of arrival is the start date scheduled for the project. There will be an extra fee of 200 Euros. This fee will cover the costs of lodging and food, as well as operational and administrative costs of the project.
- Other: Volunteers for these projects must be flexible, motivated and able to speak Spanish.
TYPES OF PROGRAMMES
PHOTOS, NEWSLETTER, VIDEOS AND BLOGS
- Brigada De Voluntarios Bolivarianos del Peru (BVB Peru)