- Population: 173.6 million
- Capital: Abuja
- Major languages: English, 500+ local dialects
- Major religions: Christianity, Islam, indigenous beliefs
- Monetary unit: Nigerian Naira
- More useful information about Nigeria can be found here
- More hints and tips
- Visa:Visas are required for travel to Nigeria.
To apply for a Nigerian visa in the United Kingdom you should contact the Nigerian High Commission. Please visit www.fco.gov.uk for more information.
- Volunteers interested in taking part in a VWAN project should have previous experience of volunteering/travelling in a North South context and should keep informed of political developments within the country. Due to the instability within the country, project locations and work may be liable to change and volunteers should be flexible and prepared for this at any stage of the project.
TYPES OF PROGRAMMES
PHOTOS, NEWSLETTER, VIDEOS AND BLOGS
- Voluntary workcamps association of Nigeria (VWAN) was founded in 1963 principally to reach out to rural community and employ all resources at her disposal to elevate the standard of rural community. It is observed that rural areas are suffering from neglect and in most cases lack of good support. Various efforts of the government at meeting these basic essentials have not been sufficient hence the need for the organization to arrange young people to work together with the community to realize these basic necessities of life. Some of the rural areas lack some of these infrastructures and facilities.