- Population: 2.7 million
- Capital: UlaanBaatar
- Major languages: Mongolian
- Major religions: Buddhism
- Monetary unit: Togrog
- Find out more useful information about Mongolia here
- More hints and tips may be found here
- Visa: UK passport holders will require a visa to enter Mongolia. Please visit www.fco.gov.uk for more information.
- Arrival info: date of arrival is the start date scheduled for the project. Their is an extra fee for MCE projects , payable on arrival.
- Volunteers are encouraged to plan their tourist visits for either before or after the project, as there won’t be many occasions to travel around the country while the project is running.
TYPES OF PROGRAMMES
PHOTOS, NEWSLETTER, VIDEOS AND BLOGS
- MCE – Mongolian WorkCamp Exchange The first international volunteer project in Mongolia was run in 2000 as a result of co-operation between the Japanese organisation NICE and what was then the Mongolian Youth Foundation (MYF). Between 2001 and 2003, 21 volunteer projects were co-organised by NICE and what is now called MCE. Through practical work projects, MCE hopes to encourage public awareness of Mongolia’s social problems and to promote local involvement. There is always a study element on each project so that participants can discuss ideas and contribute to a better local/global future.