- Population: 122 million
- Capital: Mexico City
- Major languages: Spanish
- Major religions: Christianity
- Monetary unit: Peso
- Find out more useful information about Mexico here
- Further hints and tips may be found here
- Visa: please visit www.fco.gov.uk for more information.
- Arrival info: date of arrival is the start date scheduled for the project.
- Other: Volunteers must have a basic understanding of Spanish. For those who are interested in participating but do not meet this requirement, VIVE have organised intensive language courses before each project. Please contact the office for more details.
- VIMEX will be organising intensive Spanish Courses before the projects start for participants who speak little or no Spanish. These five-day courses (including arrival and departure dates) include 3hrs daily of professional Spanish tuition, an excursion, classes on different aspects of Mexican society, accommodation, food and necessary materials. The fee for the course is 160 euros. Again, if you are interested in participating, please contact the office for the dates that the courses will be taking place.
- Extra fees for the host organisation are required and payable on arrivall.
TYPES OF PROGRAMMES
PHOTOS, NEWSLETTER, VIDEOS & BLOGS
- Vive México is a non-profit making, non-governmental organisation which was founded in 1997. Its aims are to promote cultural exchange, to provide a unique way to discover Mexico, to give young Mexicans the chance to participate in volunteer projects and to develop voluntary service as a means of solving social, cultural and ecological problems in Mexico.
- VIMEX – Voluntarios InternacionalesMexico Founded in 1982 as an independent, non-religious, non-governmental and non-profit organisation, VIMEX promotes unity and communication between different countries through volunteer action and encourages exchange of different ways of thinking and tolerance in living together with people from other countries.
- Natate is a registered non profit, non governmental and non religious organisation based in San Cristobal de Las Casas, Chiapas. Their main aims are: developing voluntary service, international solidarity, intercultural learning and peace; promoting youth development and education; promoting ecologic and sustainable life styles; supporting and empowering marginalised groups of people and vulnerable minorities; promoting the respect of human rights and human dignity.