- Population: 323.000
- Capital: Reykjavik
- Major languages: Icelandic
- Major religions: Christianity
- Monetary unit: Krona
- Find out more useful information about Iceland here
- Further reading can be found here
- Visa: not required.
- Arrival info: date of arrival is the start date scheduled for the project.
- Most of the short term projects with WF are subject to an extra fee. This is due to the high costs involved in hosting projects in Iceland.
TYPES OF PROGRAMMES
PHOTOS NEWSLETTERS, VIDEOS AND BLOGS FROM OUR VOLUNTEERS
- WF – Worldwide Friends was founded in 2001 as a non-profit organisation promoting nature and peace oriented activities for volunteers wanting to spend some time in Iceland. They also send local volunteers intending to have similar experiences abroad. WF aims at promoting active participation of people and its mobility, intercultural learning and voluntary service, through non-formal educational activities. The main activities offered are workcamps, seminars, local events and exchange programmes suitable both for young people and adults.
- SEEDS Iceland was founded in 2005 as a non-governmental, non-profit volunteer organisation with international scope. Our main activities relate to the promotion of environmental protection and awareness, intercultural understanding and peace, through the work on social, cultural and environmental projects in Iceland. We aim to empower, inform and expand the horizons of people of all ages, cultures, and backgrounds, to inform them about the world in which we live and to take an active role in its future development. SEEDS provides opportunities to live, learn, understand and experience, while sharing and cooperating with others from different cultures and backgrounds.