- Population: 1.3 billion
- Capital: Beijing
- Major languages: Mandarin Chinese
- Major religions: Buddhism, Christianity, Islam, Taoism
- Monetary unit: Renminbi (Yuan)
- Find out more useful information about china here
- Further reading can be found here
- Visa: British nationals require visas to enter mainland China, but not Hong Kong or Macao. Visas must be obtained prior to arrival, including for Hainan Island. For details of entry requirements to China you should contact the nearest Chinese Embassy or Consulate in good time before your proposed trip. Chinese Visa policy requires that foreigners leave China to change a visa from one category to another. Please visit the website www.fco.gov.uk for more information.
- Arrival info: date of arrival is the date scheduled for the project.
TYPES OF PROGRAMMES
PHOTOS, NEWSLETTERS, VIDEOS AND BLOGS
- Check out our Gallery for the latest photos or our volunteers and their projects
- Check out our Newsletter
- VolTra, founded on 16 April 2009, is a non-governmental voluntary organization (NGO), which is a registered charitable institution in Hong Kong. VolTra is dedicated to promoting international voluntary services in Hong Kong through a well-established worldwide network of international workcamp organizations.
- Greenway Thailand started cooperation with a local NGO in China called Hainan Xinjing Volunteer Centre, helping in the setup and promotion of the projects. HXVC is a non-profit organization which is attempting to expand the range of international volunteers attending their community based projects. This is the second year Concordia promotes these projects – interested volunteers should contact the office on 01273 422218 for an informal chat about the project before applying.
Sunshine Volunteering Head Group of Beijing University of Technology is the group in charge of all the volunteer activities within the university since 2001. SV has been holding the principle of “Contribution, Friendship, Mutual Assistance, and Progress” and doing all voluntary services with the slogan “Every streak of sunshine contains a share of our hearts”. Inwardly, SV aims to create a better place for people to live their better life. Outwardly, SV strives for showing the world a real China as well as illustrate China a real World.