- Population: 1.8 million
- Capital: Gaborone
- Major languages: English, Setswana
- Major religions: Christianity, indigenous beliefs
- Monetary unit: Pula
- Find out more useful information about Botswana here
- Visa: not required. British nationals do not require visas to enter Botswana and can stay a maximum of 90 days. For more information, please visit www.fco.gov.uk
- Arrival info: Participants should arrive two days earlier than the start date of the project so that they can take part in an orientation at BWA’s headquarters in Mochudi. BWA will organise transport from the airport to Mochudi. Usually the orientation takes place on a Sunday, therefore volunteers are recommended to arrive on Friday, so that they have enough time to rest and get to know each other.
The group will travel together to the project, but volunteers will cover their own travel costs.
TYPES OF PROGRAMMES
PHOTOS, NEWSLETTERS, VIDEOS AND BLOGS
- Check out our Gallery for the latest photos or our volunteers and their projects
- Check out our Newsletter
- BWA – Botswana Workcamp Association is a non-governmental, non-profit making voluntary organisation registered under the Ministry of Home Affairs as a society in 1980. BWA aims to enable young people to have a deeper understanding of the issues in their country; to encourage the community at large to take greater interest in young people and develop a spirit of self-help; to assist in the implementation of community development; and to remove barriers and prejudices between all peoples.