- Population: 8.5 million
- Capital: Baku
- Major languages: Azeri, Russian
- Major religions: Islam
- Monetary unit: Manat
- Find out more useful information about Azerbaijan here
- Visa: required. You will need an invitation letter and two passport sized photos. You should enclose a photocopy of your passport and your employer/college details along with your application form so that AYAFE can issue an official invitation as soon as possible. Please check www.fco.gov.uk for up to date advice.
- Arrival info: If AYAFE are informed in advance about your arrival, they can arrange pick-up from the airport.
- Other: It is not recommended to travel to Nagorno-Karabakh and the military occupied area surrounding it. For more information, please visit www.fco.gov.uk.
Since the year 2005 AYAFE didn’t run projects in this area.
TYPES OF PROGRAMMES
PHOTOS, NEWSLETTERS, VIDEOS AND BLOGS
- Check out our Gallery for the latest photos or our volunteers and their projects
- Check out our Newsletter
- AYAFE-Association of Young Azerbaijani Friends of Europe is a non-governmental youth organisation founded in 1997 with the aim of building relationships with the youth of Europe, in order to contribute to the integration of Azerbaijan into European political and economic institutions. They stand for peace, tolerance and understanding.