- Population: 39.3 million
- Capital: Buenos Aires
- Major language: Spanish
- Major religion: Christianity
- Monetary unit: Peso
- Find more useful information on Argentina by clicking here
- Further reading can be found here
TYPES OF PROGRAMMES
- Visa: not required. On presentation of a valid British passport you will be granted a 90-day stay in the country. Please visit www.fco.gov.uk for more information.
- Arrival info: date of arrival is the start date scheduled for the project.
- Other : There have been an increasing number of protests against British interests in Argentina in the context of the higher profile being given to the Falkland Islands issue during 2012 – the 30th anniversary of the Falklands conflict. You should avoid all protests and demonstrations in all parts of Argentina. See Political Situation. For furhter information visit www.fco.gov.uk
PHOTOS,VIDEOS AND BLOGS
- Video documenting one of the projects in Argentina with Subir al Sur. Check it out!
- Video from the host organisation “Quebracito”, with which Subir Al Sur organises short term and medium term projects
- Subir al Sur Blog
- Subir al Sur: Argentinean non-governmental organization working in the field of intercultural education and voluntary service since 2004, with the aim to connect Argentina with the world through a co-operation based on the values of peace and mutual understanding in diversity. Their mission is to contribute to the creation of a peace loving Humanity by promoting the encounter, co-operation and the understanding of “the other’s differences”. One of the most important principles of Subir al Sur is to organize international projects in order to empower local groups of Argentinean youngsters with fewer opportunities to participate in and support its initiatives.