Wednesday October 11th, 2017
Lead abroad as a Concordia Group Leader
Every year, Concordia sends groups of students and young people to go abroad for volunteering. During their journey, they will carry out volunteering, meet with locals and encounter several cultural events that are very different from staying back in the UK. We train all our leaders to be ready to support the volunteers throughout the programme, ensuring their safety and maximise their development. Your role is to be the link between Concordia, our overseas partner, deal with logistics and ensure the smooth running of the programme – and you will get all the skills you need by taking part in this one-day training held on the 9th December.
Concordia Volunteers has been sending groups abroad for several years, having had the pleasure of providing youths and adults with a unique volunteering experience in European countries and further abroad. As a leader on our Group Volunteering programme, you will go abroad with the group and work closely with the groups own leaders ensuring the success and safety of the group.
To prepare you for leading, we organise a selection training day for all our leaders where we assess skills & potential, as well as running through various scenarios & sections to make sure you feel comfortable leading a group abroad. The group leader position is unpaid, however food, travel and accommodation costs are all covered throughout the programme.
If you are interested in gaining more knowledge of how to lead a group abroad and meet up with people with the same focus, join us for our free of charge selection day training on the 9th December 9 am.
Please note that participating in the selection day training doesn’t guarantee you a leaders role for the 2018 groups.
Concordia is looking for volunteer leaders who:
- have got great leadership skills and a passion to work with young people
- can support a group of 14 – 25-year-olds going on a trip of a lifetime to countries such as Taiwan, Italy, Estonia and Nepal
- are free to volunteer in July/August 2018
- are able to attend & support training in the UK with your group prior to departure
- are able to work with other leaders in the group
- are happy and capable to liaise between the in-country host, Concordia and the group
- are able to attend a selection day at our office in Portslade/Brighton on the 9th December 2017
- are happy to go through a selection process
- are happy to be DBS checked through Concordia
- have an up to date passport
- will honour the commitment once selected
About the programme:
- The trips range from 10 days to 2 weeks
- All expenses are paid including flight, accommodation and a small out of pocket expense allowance
- The group will volunteer on a range of activities
- The groups are from all over the UK
- Some of the groups will require female leaders as they are all female groups
- Proven track record of leading residential groups
- Good understanding of Health and Safety issues
- Experience of working with young people
- Some experience of overseas travel
Closing date: 21st November 2017